This year we are reminded to be thankful for all that we have -- our beautiful children, our marriage, our home, our family and friends. It's so easy in this hectic life we lead to lose sight of what's really important. We all tend to get caught up in the little stuff that doesn't matter: complaining about the lines at the store, the new scratch in our car, the silly headaches at work, the forgotten pumpkin pie at dinner (oops). But none of those things matter. In a week, we won't remember most of those inconveniences (we will still probably remember that there was no pumpkin pie...). What is important is that we show love and appreciation to those who matter to us. (Even to the one who didn't make any pumpkin pie -- hee hee! You know who you are!)
But in all seriousness, we are taking some time to be quietly grateful for all of the joy and wonder in our lives. Hope the holiday season is giving each of you time for the same.
Our favorite places to visit on the web:
- Wide Smiles - Another great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- Maja's website (not updated in more than a year, but still cute!)
- Love Without Boundaries: An incredible charity providing for medical needs in China
- Daniel's website (not updated in ages!)
- Cleftline -- a great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- CCAI - Our favorite adoption agency!