Well, for those of you who remember, Mali got her ears pierced this summer. Silly mom took BOTH of the girls at the same time. Needless to say, after watching Mali's initial scream of shock, Maja did NOT want any part of metal objects being sent through her ears at terminal velocity! A few times since then Maja has asked to get them pierced, but when we get to the mall, she panics and backs out.
Sunday she started asking for "pink earrings for the wedding" (she and Mali are going to be in the wedding of a friend of ours at the end of the month and they are so excited to get to dress up like princesses!). So we let her ask for a few days in a row before we took her seriously. On Wednesday, Tony took her to the mall after lunch and I met them there from work. Maja and Daddy went an picked out a post-piercing cookie while I did the paperwork. Maja had the fortune of having two piercing ladies, so they did both ears simultaneously. Maja was so good -- she stared straight ahead at me the whole time with no tears. Once they pulled the triggers, she looked like she thought she ought to cry, but never did. Then her look changed to, "Oh really? That's it? That's what all the fuss was over?" She never shed a tear or even let out a whimper. She is now proudly display new, sparkly, pink earrings! (A good mom would have a photo, but I am not that organized, so all you get is a story!)
Our favorite places to visit on the web:
- Wide Smiles - Another great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- Maja's website (not updated in more than a year, but still cute!)
- Love Without Boundaries: An incredible charity providing for medical needs in China
- Daniel's website (not updated in ages!)
- Cleftline -- a great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- CCAI - Our favorite adoption agency!