Well, we have our first stitches! Maja fell and hit her head while on the slide at daycare yesterday. She now has two stitches by her left eye! Thankfully Tony is the one who took her to the Dr -- he is much more tolerant of medcial prodecures than I. She is doing very well and was quite brave at the Dr. She will tell anyone who will listen about her "owie" and the shot she got. :-)
I realized this morning that Maja likes to be first -- she was our first kiddo to have surgery, our first to break a bone and now our first to have stitches. She can stop these little visits to the Dr anytime! One of our friends saids, "She really is a little China doll. She's so fragile!" Somebody needs to tell Maja so that she would stop acting like she's unbreakable!
Our favorite places to visit on the web:
- Wide Smiles - Another great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- Maja's website (not updated in more than a year, but still cute!)
- Love Without Boundaries: An incredible charity providing for medical needs in China
- Daniel's website (not updated in ages!)
- Cleftline -- a great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- CCAI - Our favorite adoption agency!