I was recently chastised for not having any new photos on the blog (Thanks Robbie!), so I got busy and downloaded our CNY pictures. (See slide show below this post.) The party was put on by a local Chinese Association and was quite fun! The kids loved to watch the lion dance and all of the other traditional Chinese dances. Maja told me she wants to go again tomorrow! :-)
The kids are all doing well. Maja is working hard in speech and making much progress! She is learning phonics at speech, but they are also working on them at daycare. The other day at Grandma's house, Maja was able to sound out the word "sisters", so Grandma was pretty excited! Mali is running all around the house quizzing me on sounds: "What spells CH, mommy?" "What letter says t-t-t-t?" It's pretty fun. Daniel isn't quite as interested in studying as the girls are, but he's still right on track for kindergarten next year.
I hope all of you are faring well in this nasty winter weather that so much of the U.S. has had this past week.
Our favorite places to visit on the web:
- Wide Smiles - Another great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- Maja's website (not updated in more than a year, but still cute!)
- Love Without Boundaries: An incredible charity providing for medical needs in China
- Daniel's website (not updated in ages!)
- Cleftline -- a great resource for parents of cleft-affected children
- CCAI - Our favorite adoption agency!